Pierre Casiraghi was born on 5 September 1987 at Princess Grace Hospital Centre in Monaco as the youger son of Caroline, Princess of Monaco (born 1957) and her second husband, late Stefano Casiraghi (1960-1990).
Pierre has two siblings:
- Andrea Casiraghi (born on 8 June 1984).
- Charlotte Casiraghi (born on 3 August 1986).
Prince Albert, Andrea, Charlotte, Stefano, Caroline with Pierre and Prince Rainier.Embed from Getty Images
Pierre and Stefano Casiraghi
In October 1990, when Pierre was only 3 years old his father Stefano Casiraghi, death at the age of 30 during a nautical competition in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferret in southeastern France.Embed from Getty Images
Stefano Casiraghi with his son Pierre.
Princess Caroline and children moved at her farmhouse in the town of Saint-Rémy-de-Provence in southern France.Embed from Getty Images
Pierre, Prince Albert, Princess Caroline, Charlotte, Prince Rainier and Andrea.Embed from Getty Images
Pierre and uncle his Prince Albert of Monaco.
Pierre’s mother, Princess Caroline, married Prince Ernst August of Hanover in 1999. His half-sister Princess Alexandra of Hanover was born on 20 July 1999 in Austria. The family moved to Fontainebleau, to be nearer to Paris and London.Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images
Princess Alexandra and Pierre at Monaco Bal de la Rose.
In 2006 Pierre moved to Italy to begin a three-year undergraduate course in International Economics and Management at Bocconi University a private university in Milan.Embed from Getty Images
Andrea and Pierre Casiraghi.
Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo
Since May 2008, Pierre has been in a relationship with the Italian journalist Beatrice dei Principi Borromeo Arese Taverna (born 18 August 1985) a member of the ancient aristocratic House of Borromeo.Embed from Getty Images
Beatrice Borromeo and Pierre Casiraghi.Embed from Getty Images
The couple were married in a civil ceremony on 25 July 2015 in the gardens of The Prince’s Palace of Monaco, the official residence of the Sovereign Prince of Monaco.
The religious wedding of Pierre and Beatrice took place on 1 August 2015 on Isola Bella one of the Borromean Islands of Lago Maggiore in north Italy.
The Casiraghi’s have two children:
- Stefano Ercole Carlo (born on 28 February 2017).
- Francesco Carlo Albert (born on 21 May 2018).
Pierre Casiraghi and his son Stefano Casiraghi, Princess Alexandra of Hanover and Andrea Casiraghi attended Monaco National Day Celebrations on November 19, 2018.Embed from Getty Images
Princess Caroline with Francesco and Pierre with Stefano.
Facts About Pierre CasiraghiEmbed from Getty Images
- Princess Caroline’s younger son is eighth in the line of succession to the Monegasque throne.
- He is majority shareholder of Engeco S.A. the construction company created by his father, Stefano Casiraghi, in 1984.
- Casiraghi is sportsman attracted by the nautical competitions as his father was. He is a participant in the sport of inshore racing.
- Pierre is Vice-President of the Yacht Club of Monaco.
- He is the President of Sail for a Cause, a charity regatta that is organized by her cousin Leticia de Massy.
- Besides French, Casiraghi is fluent in Italian, English, and knows some German.
- Casiraghi founded Team Malizia, a professional sailing team, in 2016. Malizia symbolises the Grimaldi family’s deep attachment to the sea and a tribute to Francesco Grimaldi, a Genovese who arrived by sea in 1297 and founded the Grimaldi family dynasty.
Pierre Casiraghi and Greta Thunberg
On 14 August 2019, the racing sailboat Malizia II skippered by Pierre Casiraghi and Boris Herrmann set off on their Atlantic crossing from Plymouth in the south of England to New Tork with Greta Thunberg on board. Greta Thunberg is a young Swedish girl, symbol of the battle against climate change.
The trip was announced as a carbon neutral transatlantic crossing. After 15 days at sea, the crew sailed up the Hudson River on 28 August 2019. Greta will be attending the United Nations Climate Action Summit organised by UN Secretary General, Antonio Guterres on September 23 in New York.Embed from Getty Images
The Malizia II, a zero-carbon sailboat, with Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg, 16, arrives in the US after a 15-day journey crossing the Atlantic on August 28, 2019 in New York.Embed from Getty Images
The Malizia II arrived in New York.
Pierre talking about Greta Thunberg
“I am full of praise for Greta’s courage and determination; her attitude on board Malizia II was exemplary despite the extreme living conditions. I would like to thank everyone in the Malizia team and the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation. It was a very emotional moment sailing past the Statue of Liberty, and I thank everyone for all the support we received during this amazing adventure crossing the Atlantic.”Pierre Casiraghi
Embed from Getty Images
Pierre Casiraghi and Greta Thunberg.Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images
- BEATRICE BORROMEO STYLE
- PIERRE CASIRAGHI AND BEATRICE BORROMEO AT ARMANI FASHION SHOW.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI
- PRINCESS ALEXANDRA OF HANOVER, CAROLINE OF MONACO’S DAUGHTER.