Your Weekly Royal Edit
- May 23 would have been a big day for Princess Elisabeth. The daughter of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde and heiress to the Belgium throne was set to graduate from the Atlantic College in Wales. The Leaver’s Ceremony has been postponed until a later date due to the coronavirus pandemic of 2020.
- To promote the reopening of Belgium’s biggest museums after a two month closure because of COVID-19, Queen Mathilde and King Philippe visited the Royal Museums of Fine Arts. See the post HERE.
To promote the reopening of Belgium’s museums after a two month closure because of COVID-19, Queen Mathilde visited the Royal Museums of Fine Arts. Click HERE https://t.co/cYNSm4MqFr #QueenMathilde #KoninginMathilde #BelgianRoyalFamily #RoyalFashionChannel #RoyalFashionBlog pic.twitter.com/fnLtcvCksl— Royal Fashion Blog (@royalfashionbl) May 20, 2020
- The Royal Palace in Brussels announced earlier this week that Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant will enter the Royal Military School in Brussels on August 31. The heiress to the Belgian throne is signing up for a one-year education to help her prepare for her royal duties.
- The four kids of Belgian King Philippe and Queen Mathilde – Elisabeth (18), Gabriël (16), Emmanuel (14) and Eléonore (12) – called nursing home and service flat residents. Since the coronavirus outbreak, more than 300 conversations were made to support isolated elderly.
Entretiens avec des personnes âgées isolées et des résidents de maisons de repos des différentes régions du pays. Depuis le début de la crise du #Covid19, plus de 300 échanges intergénérationnels ont eu lieu pour soutenir les plus vulnérables.#EnsembleContreCorona pic.twitter.com/fnm5Lz0Esu— Belgian Royal Palace (@MonarchieBe) May 18, 2020
- Learn about handsome Prince Gabriël of Belgium.
- Due to the spread of coronavirus / COVID-19 and its consequences for society, Royal Run 2020 was canceled. In connection with the cancellation, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince Frederik said:
”Royal Run has in a few years developed into a day of celebration, colors and above all a fantastic running community across the country. Thousands of people have backed up, both as participants and as spectators – it has been a true people’s party. But gathering so many people at the beginning of September this year no longer seems realistic. The Royal Run simply cannot be run in the spirit that has characterized the race – a gathering point for Danes across age, across the kingdom”.
- Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Christian visited the Danish esport team “Astralis” in Copenhagen, Denmark. They talked about Astralis as well as physical and mental health in esports (also known as electronic sports, e-sports, or eSports).
Today, we had the immense honour of meeting His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Christian to talk about Astralis as well as physical and mental health in esports.#ToTheStars pic.twitter.com/ClWIE35jVf— Astralis (@astralisgg) May 20, 2020
- The four children of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary are back to school in Denmark.
MonacoEmbed from Getty Images
- Who is Pierre Casiraghi, the youngest son of Princess Caroline of Monaco and husband of Italian journalist Beatrice Borromeo.
- Queen Maxima of the Netherlands visited the headquarters of the Delft Food Bank Foundation (Dutch: Voedselbank Delft) to get informed about the impact of the Corona Crisis. Post HERE.
NEW POST!!! Queen Maxima wore Rixo dress and Zara sandals during her visit to Delft Food Bank. Learn more on...Posted by Royal Fashion Blog on Tuesday, May 19, 2020
- Queen Máxima paid a working visit to the Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Post HERE.
Queen Máxima paid a working visit to the Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), learn more on https://t.co/70TBm7qBZY #QueenMaxima #LUMC #KoninginMaxima #QueenMaximaoftheNetherlands #RoyalFashionChannel #RoyalFashionBlog #ReinaMaxima #Koningin pic.twitter.com/Y0x4aGlv9K— Royal Fashion Blog (@royalfashionbl) May 23, 2020
- Norwegian Royal Family - King Harald, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit and children Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus - celebrated National Day.
Constitution Day is the national day of Norway and is an official public holiday observed on 17 May each year. Among Norwegians, the day is referred to simply as syttende mai, Nasjonaldagen or Grunnlovsdagen,
- Princess Martha-Louise also shared a message on her instagram account on occasion of the National Day.
- Due to the COVID-19 crisis, King Felipe and Queen Letizia of Spain continued working from Zarzuela Palace via video conferences. This week Their Majesties held conferences with the National Federation of Sports Facilities and Gyms (FENID), Spanish Confederation of Commerce (CEC), representatives of the Spanish music scene and new generation of young Spanish literature.
Los Reyes han mantenido este viernes una videoconferencia con la Confederación Española de Comercio @CEC_Comercio , en la que les han trasladado la preocupación del sector del comercio de proximidad ante el difícil momento que atraviesa por las consecuencias de la pandemia. pic.twitter.com/JkNIvMuvSb— Casa de S.M. el Rey (@CasaReal) May 22, 2020
- This week, Their Majesties King Felipe and Queen Letizia visited Mercamadrid to learn about the challenges in getting food to Spanish households during the COVID-19 pandemic. Mercamadrid Spain's largest food market wholesaler.
Queen Letizia wore a Prince of Wales check blazer by CH Carolina Herrera.
- Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and her children Princess Estelle (8) and Prince Oscar (4) visited the family's beehives for World Bee Day on May 20 on the grounds of Haga Palace in Stockholm. Post HERE.
- Queen Elizabeth and members of the British Royal Family shared their garden photos on the occasion of the The Royal Horticultural Society Chelsea Flower Show. This year due to the COVID-19 pandemic the Flower Show is moving online for the first time.
- As Royal Patron of the Alzheimer’s Society, Princess Alexandra (The Queen's cousin) introduces the Alzheimer’s Society virtual People Awards - recognising the work of employees and volunteers.
- Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge joined residents from the Shire Hall Care Home in Cardiff via video call as they played bingo in the home’s cinema. Post HERE.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge become bingo callers, click the link https://t.co/aZaHwR84K3 #DukeofCambridge #DuchessofCambridge #DuquesadeCambridge #KateMiddleton #PrinceWilliam #RoyalFamily #KensingtonRoyal #BritishRoyalFamily pic.twitter.com/bKDhPzkmtU— Royal Fashion Blog (@royalfashionbl) May 23, 2020
- Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex and Sophie, Countess of Wessex were pleased to visited Shah Jahan Mosque, where they helped pack food parcels. The visit also marks the end of Ramadan and the start of Eid celebrations for Muslims across the world.
- Queen Letizia of Spain is our Royal Bride of the week. The King and Queen of Spain celebrated their 16th wedding anniversary on May 22. Post HERE.
King Felipe and Queen Letizia celebrated their 16th wedding anniversary, so we take a look back at their stunning wedding. Click the link https://t.co/BOqTlfQi4c #RoyalBrides #QueenLetizia #QueenLetiziaofSpain #CasaReal #ReinaLetizia #ReinaLetiziadeEspaña #SpanishRoyals pic.twitter.com/X5l6D7wBPW— Royal Fashion Blog (@royalfashionbl) May 23, 2020
- Take a look at our previous Royal Brides: Empress Farah of Iran, Queen Elizabeth II, Countess Olympia von und zu Arco Zinneberg, Princess Eugenie of York, Queen Anne-Marie of Greece and more.
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL 21.
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 20.
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 19.
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 18.
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 17
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 16
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 15
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 14