Your Weekly Royal Edit
- On 27 April, King Philippe made a call to King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands to wish him a Happy Birthday.
Entretien téléphonique avec le Roi Willem Alexander à l’occasion de son anniversaire. Une belle fête nationale à nos voisins néerlandais en ces temps si particuliers.#Koningsdag #woningsdag2020 #woningsdag #koningsdag2020 @koninklijkhuis #MonarchieBe pic.twitter.com/Ppjbee40Od— Belgian Royal Palace (@MonarchieBe) April 27, 2020
- On 29 April, Queen Mathilde of Belgium held a video conference with representatives of cultural organizations, Brussels Philharmonic, Musea Brugge and Royal Ballet School of Antwerp and received information about initiatives to bring culture “into living room”. Solidarity in this sector strongly affected by the crisis is an element of optimism for the future.
Telefonisch onderhoud met vertegenwoordigers uit het culturele veld @MuseaBrugge (Groeningemuseum), @brusselsphil en @KBAntwerpen. De solidariteit in deze zwaar getroffen sector biedt een hoopvolle blik op de toekomst. #cultuur #BelgianRoyalPalace pic.twitter.com/90OhLxWIEt— Belgian Royal Palace (@MonarchieBe) April 28, 2020
- Queen Mathilde also had a cordial video conversation with Sofie Foets, founder of TADA (Toekomst ATELIER del Avenir). The Queen expressed her admiration because many of the TADA community adhere to the exceptional rules during COVID-19 pandemic so well.
Vanochtend had TADA-oprichtster @SFoets een hartelijk videogesprek met koningin Mathilde. 👑— TADA (@tada_brussels) April 29, 2020
De koningin sprak haar bewondering uit, omdat velen uit de TADA-community zich zo goed aan de uitzonderlijke regels houden.💪#tadarocks #brussels #lockdown @MonarchieBe pic.twitter.com/94Q4ZvG2jK
- Danish Royal House released a new picture of Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg for her 76th birthday on 29 April. She is the younger sister Queen Margrethe of Denmark and the older sister of Queen Anne-Marie of Greece.
- Princess Marie of Denmark shared beautiful photos of Schackenborg Castle (Danish: Schackenborg Slot) in Møgeltønder, Southern Jutland. The Princess and her family are currently staying at the castle.
- Happy Birthday to Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark the youngest child of King Constantine II and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece. The handsome Prince turns 34 on 26 April.
Prince Philippos and girlfriend Nina Flohr.
- The Royal Family of Greece wishes each other a Happy May Day during a Zoom meeting.
- A quick reminder that Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg is expected to give birth to her first child this month. The child, whether it will be a boy or a girl, will be the future Grand Duke or Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.
- Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg shared a message for Fondation Cancer Lux to support all cancer patients.
- Prince Albert of Monaco gave an address on the Coronavirus. The Prince, himself a victim of COVID-19, said the principality has started gaining control of the virus and will start rolling back confinement on 4 May.
While the usual celebrations for the Koningsdag or King’s Day, a national holiday in the Kingdom of the Netherlands, were canceled due to COVID-19 a number of digital events took place.
King Willem-Alexander gave a speech with his family from their home, Palace Huis ten Bosch.
For the celebrations, Queen Máxima wore the Truman jumpsuit from Seren, a luxury British brand; Princess Amalia’s yellow dress is by Lisa Marie Fernández; Princess Ariane wore a white lace dress from Zara.
Celebrated on 27 April, Koningsdag, marks the birth of King Willem-Alexander. Usually, this is a day with huge celebrations, everybody goes out to party. This time, obviously, it’s totally different unfortunately.
- King Felipe and Queen Letizia visited the Headquarters of the Madrid 112 Security and Emergency Agency. Their Majesties visited the agency to learn about the different services, in response to the health crisis caused by the COVID-19.
Los Reyes agradecen la labor del 112 Emergencias, a través de diferentes servicios, en respuesta a la crisis sanitaria provocada por el #COVID19, durante su visita a @112cmadrid https://t.co/wXLgeUTQn7 pic.twitter.com/gH3z8L12ay— Casa de S.M. el Rey (@CasaReal) April 27, 2020
- During the week, Queen Letizia held videoconferences with several organizations including Spanish Foundation of Diabetes, Spanish Volunteer Platform (PVE), Federation of Cinematographic Distributors, Olympia de Las Rozas Women’s Soccer Club, the virtual plenary session of the Royal Spanish Academy among others.
La Reina se ha reunido hoy, a través de una videoconferencia, con la Junta Directiva de la @FEDE_Diabetes para conocer en profundidad cómo asociaciones de personas con diabetes de España dan respuesta y apoyo a las personas con diabetes, ante el #COVID19 https://t.co/Rae1ZAzGyW pic.twitter.com/bAazAGxboB— Casa de S.M. el Rey (@CasaReal) April 28, 2020
Los Reyes con el voluntariado. En una videoconferencia con los responsables de la Plataforma de Voluntariado de España (@pvoluntariado PVE) les explicaron que más de 1,5 millones de personas están implicadas en el voluntariado social, el gran protagonista de la crisis #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/eIDz5RP7dy— Casa de S.M. el Rey (@CasaReal) April 28, 2020
- The Royal House of Sweden shared sweet portraits of King Carl XVI Gustaf with Queen Silvia and Brandy to celebrate his 74th birthday. Carl Gustaf Folke Hubertus was born on 30 April 1946 and is the reigning King of Sweden. He ascended the throne on the death of his grandfather, King Gustaf VI Adolf, on 15 September 1973.
Grattis på födelsedagen till Hans Majestät Kung Carl XVI Gustaf av Sverige , han fyller 74 år.
- On 1 May, Swedish Royals conmemorate the centenary of the death of Crown Princess Margareta of Sweden, born Princess Margaret of Connaught and granddaughter of Queen Victoria, at the age of 38. Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden are her grandchildren.
- Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and their children Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar proudly present their new dog, Rio. Rio has been staying with the family at Haga Slott for a week now.
- The Countess of Wessex continuing her work in person to help out during the coronavirus pandemic. The Countess spent time assembling food parcels for delivery to the vulnerable in the Woking borough impacted by the coronavirus. She also heard from the staff and regular volunteers at The Lighthouse about the work the foodbank is doing to help those in need, as well as our other projects which are supporting the local community.
- Princess Anne opened new temporary hospital in Scotland via video message. The NHS Louisa Jordan Hospital in Glasgow. The Princess Royal thanks staff at the new facility and reflects on the sacrifices made by NHS staff.
- Happy 9th wedding anniversary to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. They married on 29 April 2011 at Westminster Abbey.
- Wishing a very happy 100th birthday to Thomas Moore (born 30 April 1920), popularly known as Captain Moore. He is a former British Army officer known for his achievements raising money for charity in the run-up to his 100th birthday during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic.
A lovely personalized message for Captain Moore from the Queen on his 100th birthday.
- Princess Charlotte celebrated her 5th Birthday. Post HERE.
- The Duchess of Cambridge has spoken with midwives, health visitors, parents and leading sector experts about the challenges and impact that COVID-19 is having on new and expectant mothers and their families.
- The Queen will send a message to the nation at 9 pm on May 8th on BBC One, to mark the 75th Anniversary of VE Day (Victory in Europe Day). 9 PM is the same time her father, King George VI, gave his radio address in 1945.
- Carlos Fitz-James Stuart, 19th Duke of Alba has confirmed to Spanish Magazine Hola that his daughter-in-law, Sofia, Duchess of Huescar is expecting a baby girl. In the future she will be the Duchess of Alba like her great-grandmother Cayetana Fitz-James Stuart.
- Prince Casimir Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn and his wife Princess Alana announced the birth of their son Johann Friedrich Salentin on April 27th at 1:05am, weighing 8lbs 4oz at Kemperhof Koblenz in Germany.
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 20.
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 19.
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 18.
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 17
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 16
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 15
- ROYAL WEEK RECAP, VOL. 14