Ahead of Sweden National Day, (Swedish: Sveriges nationaldag) a national holiday observed annually in Sweden on 6 June, Prince Oscar, Princess Estelle and their mother Crown Princess Victoria has been photographed in new folk costumes from their respective Duchies.
Colorful traditional Swedish folk costumes are sometimes worn on such special occasions as Midsummer. There are many different variations of the folk costumes of Sweden, many provinces and even parishes having their own designs. Some of them have long histories and traditions while others have been recreated or created in modern times.
- Prince Oscar of Sweden, Duke of Skåne wears a shepherd boy costume from Ingelstad.
- Princess Estelle of Sweden, Duchess of Östergötland wears the summer costume of Skedevi parish.
- Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Västergötland wears Vadsbro Costume “Vadsbrodräkt”.
Inför Sveriges nationaldag har Hertiginnan av Västergötland, Hertiginnan av Östergötland och Hertigen av Skåne fotograferats i folkdräkter från sina respektive hertigdömen.Posted by Kungahuset on Friday, June 5, 2020
Prince Daniel is in a suit. We don’t normally see adult Swedish male Royals wearing traditional constume. Daniel has not gotten his own Duchy, instead since his wedding he has been style Duke of Västergötland after his wife’s Duchy.
Oscar and Estelle’s Posts
- ESTELLE AND OSCAR CELEBRATED WORLD BEE DAY.
- THE ROYAL CHRISTMAS OF OSCAR AND ESTELLE OF SWEDEN.
- ESTELLE AND OSCAR CELEBRATE ST LUCIA’S DAY.
- PRINCESS ESTELLE AND SWEDISH ROYAL SAW THE NUTCRACKER.
- PRINCESS ESTELLE AND PRINCE OSCAR AT PEP DAY 2019.