The Imperial Household Agency has shared new photos and video of Empress Masako of Japan, who is celebrating her 57th birthday.
Empress Masako’s 57th birthday video was recorded on December 3rd at Akasaka Imperial Residence.
Empress Masako celebrates her 57th birthday on December 9. The usual celebrations have been cancelled to prevent to spread of coronavirus.— Prisma 😷 (@ImperialJPNfan) December 9, 2020
Photos were taken on December 3 at Akasaka Imperial residence. (2/2)
📸 https://t.co/tLlVYwIYuf pic.twitter.com/ks39JVngRl
During the video, Their Majesties Empress Masako and Emperor Naruhito discuss sericulture books, silk and cocoons. Empress Masako completed her first sericulture this year, collecting some 30kg of Koishimaru cocoons.
Japan Empress Masako turns 57, wishes to overcome pandemic with peoplehttps://t.co/wMwSQ7AhDO— Kyodo News | Japan (@kyodo_english) December 9, 2020
Empress Masako, née Masako Owada, was born on 9 December 1963. She is Empress of Japan as the wife of Emperor Naruhito, who ascended to the Chrysanthemum Throne in 2019.Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images
The Emperor and Empress have one daughter: Aiko, Princess Toshi, born 1 December 2001, at Imperial Household Agency Hospital in Tokyo Imperial Palace.Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images
- IMPERIAL FAMILY CELEBRATED NEW YEAR WITH PUBLIC IN TOKYO.
- IMPERIAL FAMILY OF JAPAN ATTENDED THE 2020 NEW YEAR’S RECEPTION.
- ENTHRONEMENT OF EMPEROR NARUHITO AND EMPRESS MASAKO.
- EMPEROR NARUHITO’S ENTHRONEMENT BANQUET.
- EMPEROR NARUHITO AND EMPRESS MASAKO HELD TEA PARTY FOR ROYALS.
- BANQUET HOSTED BY PM ABE CELEBRATES EMPEROR NARUHITO’S ENTHRONEMENT.
- EMPEROR NARUHITO’S ENTHRONEMENT PARADE.