To mark Easter weekend, the Royal Family has two released new images of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and her son Prince Charles of Wales enjoying a walk in the gardens of Frogmore House, a 17th-century English country house situated within the Frogmore Estate in the grounds of the Home Park, Windsor, Berkshire.
Behind of The Queen and The Prince of Wales are the cherry trees, in full blossom, and daffodils that Frogmore House is so famed for at this time of year, as well as a small stone bridge over one of the estate’s ornamental lakes.Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images
Frogmore which is low-lying and marshy and derives its name from the preponderance of frog it attracts. Frogmore House is not Frogmore Cottage, the Windsor home of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
The house is used by the royal family for entertaining and it was used as a venue for the wedding reception after the marriage of the Queen’s grandson, Peter Phillips, to Autumn Kelly in May 2008. In May 2018, it was also used for the reception after the marriage of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images
The grounds of Frogmore House were the setting for a family picture of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh with their children Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward. The photos were taken in 1968.Embed from Getty Images
Left to right: Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Edward, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Andrew, Princess Anne and Prince Charles.Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images
- QUEEN ELIZABETH AND THE ARMSTRONG JONES AT CHURCH.
- HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH AND BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY MEMBERS AT CHURCH SERVICE.
- THE QUEEN HELD VIRTUAL AUDIENCES FROM WINDSOR CASTLE.
- QUEEN ELIZABETH II AT TROOPING THE COLOUR 2020.
- QUEEN ELIZABETH WAS ALL SMILES WITH SIR DAVID ATTENBOROUGH.
- THE QUEEN ELIZABETH DIAMOND JUBILEE TRUST.
- QUEEN ELIZABETH WAS ALL SMILES AT QIPCO BRITISH CHAMPIONS DAY.