The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge spoke via video link with Abigail McGarvey, a first-year Adult Nursing student at Ulster University about her video diary created to demonstrate a typical shift during her first placement as a student nurse.
For nursing students across the United Kingdom, studying and undertaking placements during the pandemic has been a challenge like no other.
- THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE WORE EMILIA WICKSTEAD TO MARK BURNS NIGHT 2021.
- THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE SPOKE TO HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS.
Abigail told The Duke and Duchess about some of the challenges she had faced, including the emotional impact of patients being unable to receive visits from their families.
She also spoke about her experience of starting university during a pandemic, and the impact that COVID-19 has had on her ability to socialize and learn with fellow students in person due to lockdown restrictions and a subsequent increase in online learning.
Prince William to nursing students: “It is very difficult for you guys to go straight into a pandemic…That’s really baptism by fire”.
The Duchess to nursing students: “Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the country. You could not have chosen a better career choice. It’s needed now more than ever”.
The Duke and Duchess joined @UlsterUni students taking part in practical clinical sessions at the university with their lecturers.— The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (@KensingtonRoyal) February 10, 2021
Both cohorts undertook placements during the first wave of the pandemic, with many extending their placements to support the frontline workforce. pic.twitter.com/058z3b7f4g
Royal Fashion: Duchess of Cambridge
We get commission for purchases or links made through links in this post.
- THE CAMBRIDGES VISITED LONDON BRIDGE AND WHITE CHAPEL.
- THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE VISITED STOCKWELL GARDENS NURSERY.
- DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE AT SHOUT UK EVENT.
- DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE ATTENDED RRS SIR DAVID ATTENBOROUGH NAMING CEREMONY.
- THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE AT BACK TO NATURE GARDEN AT RHS WISLEY.