On September 5, Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark took part in the ceremonies held on the occasion of 2019 Flag Day (Danish: Flagdagen) at the Citadel, Holmen’s Church and Christiansborg Palace Square in Copenhagen.
The ceremonies included:
- Wreath laying at Kastellet (English: The Citadel) at The Monument for Denmark’s International Effort Since 1948.
The Monument was erected by the Danish people and inaugurated on Flag Day 5 September 2011. It was designed by artist Finn Reinbothe.
- Memorial service at Holmen’s Church
General view of Holmen’s Church.
- Parade at Christiansborg Palace Square.
Dannebrog, as the Danish flag is known, is flying in honor of all the Danish troops who have been deployed on international missions for Denmark since 1948.Embed from Getty Images
Flag Day was introduced in 2009 to honor soldiers and officials who are or have been deployed abroad by Denmark.
- CROWN PRINCESS MARY VISITED COPENHAGEN BUSINESS SCHOOL
- MARY OF DENMARK LATEST NEWS
- MARY OF DENMARK OPENED ODENSE FLOWER FESTIVAL 2019
- CROWN PRINCESS MARY PRESENTED THE CARLSBERG FOUNDATION PRIZE 2019
- CROWN PRINCESS MARY AT HEATHCARE DENMARK AMBASSADOR SUMMIT